Resources for Upcoming Grant Opportunity
The Request for Proposals for the Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Fund: Learning Communities for School Success grants (through CDE, from Prop 47 savings) will be released by March 21 or sooner. We know from the legislation (SB 527 / AB 1014) that districts with high rates of chronic absence, out-of-school suspensions, and school dropouts will be given priority when grants are awarded.
We’re suggesting that districts start compiling their data now because the proposal writing timeline is expected to be very short.
As we’ve looked toward the release of this RFP, we’ve provided a number of resources and information over the past couple of months. Here they are in one place:
- Data Collection Webinar – Rocking Your Next Needs Assessment, Public Profit
- Overview of the grant opportunitiy, Children Now
- Making Data Work in California, Attendance Works
- In School + On Track, California Office of the Attorney General
Background Information about the Grant Opportunity:
- New Community School Grant Opportunity by Ed Honowitz, Education Policy Advisor of then-Senator Carol Liu, September 26, 2016
- Grant Opportunity: Get out your data and start planning now! December 14, 2016
- Tracking Chronic Absence: Getting Ready for Prop 47 Grants or Just Setting Up for Improvement, January 31, 2017